Dead Lawyers Don't Lie (Jake Wolfe #1) by Mark Nolan

Dead Lawyers Don't Lie: A Jake Wolfe Novel - Mark Nolan

I love a good thriller/mystery and this one did not disappoint. The start of the book was brilliant, I loved the premise and the characters and it was filled with lots of action but it just seemed to drag a little for me, it seemed to go in bursts of action then long winded chapters then back to action again.

It starts with is meeting a smarmy lawyer who you instantly hate as he doesn't care about anything other than the money and winning the case regardless of his clients involvement so for him to die is no big deal. The assassin Ivan Zhukov otherwise know as The Artist has been hired to take out several Lawyers by an organisation that obviously has a bigger agenda in mind, and he as now targeted Jake Wolfe photojournalist who was trailing the criminal lawyer,.

From here it is a game of cat and mouse as Zhukov tries to take out Wolf as well as the others on his kill list.

This is a really really long book about 600+ pages and it is the longest I have read in a while. However the length could have been drastically reduced as there were a lot of chapters that were drawn out and not needed to the impact of the story.

4 stars