Faith In Every Footstep by Wesley Banks

Faith In Every Footstep - Wesley Banks

In “Faith in Every Footstep” we meet 19 year old Kyle Walker a rookie musher, who along with his team of 13 Carolina Grays have set off to take part in the Yukon Quest.  He has spent the last six months in the Yukon, Alaska preparing for the race having left behind sunny South Carolina, as he embarks on the qualifying races to earn his place on the Yukon Quest.  No one has ever heard of his breed before and he is determined to prove that he and his dogs have what it takes to win this race.

Faith in every footstep was a fantastic read, I like the style of writing that Banks used and the pace that it went at, as we follow Kyle along the trail as he combats the harsh weather that Alaska has to offer and cheering him and his dogs on. But when a ferocious storm hits at Central checkpoint things get a little hairy-scary and there were tons of heart in my throat moments - which I am not going to spoil for you, suffice to say it had me devouring the rest of the book like no tomorrow.

I loved the connection that Kyle has with his dogs, especially King his lead dog - they have seen special kind of connection that is slightly different than what Kyle has with his other dogs, and I loved the way that Banks wrote about it.

I can't wait to check out more in this series , as for all it ended on a slight cliffhanger, I really want to read more about Kyle and his dogs.

5 stars