Laguna Dreams, Laguna Beach Book 5 by Kaira Rouda

Laguna Dreams, Laguna Beach Book 5 - Kaira Rouda

I was excited to hear that the Laguna Series was continuing, though with a different group of characters who are all connected the ones in the first 4 books. Laguna Dreams gives us Amanda Crown and Phillip Kensington story - we first met Amanda when her best friend Jamie started dating Scott, famous for his role in the reality TV show Laguna Nights with his high school friends and who now works on the set of the TV show Days & Nights owned by Amanda's mother Alexa Crown.

For the record you don't need to have read books 1-4, as this is easily a stand alone but to get a feel for the characters I would advise it.

After getting in a situation whilst filming a scene for the show that involved bathing a dog, Amanda (who has no desire to become an actress), storms out of the studio and keeps on walking only to trip and fall at the feet of Phillip Kensington. There is a moment between then unsaid that leads to Amanda heading home to the house in Laguna and telling her mother she is moving out and going to Wine Country and Phillip ending is engagement to his fiance Kelsey!! Now months have passed by and neither have seen each other since that day but both their lives are very different.

Amanda has indeed moved out and is working on a Winery in the Sonoma Valley and loving every minute of her independence and working live, she has never met the owners and Francis has announced one day that the son of the owners will be visiting to see if Amanda is up to speed for the upcoming season. Lo and behold the son is none other than Phillip. There is no denying the spark between them but for intents and purposes he is technically still engaged to Kelsey who refuses to accept it is over. After a date that sees Kelsey walking on them Amanda heads home for the weekend leaving Phillip to deal with her.

Philip realises what he needs to do and so turns up at the Laguna beach house and he and Amanda share a weekend of passion fuelled by the undeniable spark and connection that they have. They are perfect together and though things moved really quick it is clear that it was love at first sight for both of them, just circumstances that kept them apart in the beginning.

I absolutely loved this book and can’t wait for more in this series!

I received this book through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own.

5 stars